All the competitions we run on The Boldest Type have rules. If you are interested in entering one of our competition, here are the rules that apply to each and every competition that is hosted by The Boldest Type:
1. Prizes are awarded to the first correct entry drawn at random after the closing date of the competition. If you do not complete all of the steps outlined in the competition details, your entry will be invalid and not considered in the draw.
2. Every competition will have a start and end date, both of which will be stated in the competition post. These dates are not changeable for any reason. If they do have to be changed, I will announce the changes on social media platforms.
The announcement of winners will be made at my own personal capacity, when I have the time. I will always try to announce winners as close to the end date as possible, but sometimes life gets busy. I’m sure you know how it goes.
3. Once the winner has been chosen the decision is final. There will be absolutely not correspondence regarding winners whatsoever. I will contact the winner personally, and once they have responded I will then announce the name(s) to social media via a pinned post that will remain pinned for one day.
4. All prizes will be issued once the competition has closed and the delivery of the prize can change at any time. This change may be due to the sponsor..
If the timeframe does change, the winner will be notified privately. Normally prizes will be delivered to the winner directly from a sponsor, or a sponsor’s respective representative. The Boldest Type does not take any responsibility nor will be held accountable for late delivery, loss, or damage.
5. If a winner fails to acknowledge or accept their prize within 48 hours from the announcement on The Boldest Type’s social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter), they automatically forfeiture the prize and a new winner will be drawn.
This short time frame is due to competitions closing shortly before an event, and the winner will need to be able to accept their prize in time for the event.
6. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
7. Prizes will only be delivered within South Africa, unless stated otherwise.
8. All entrants who are under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before entering any of The Boldest Type’s competitions. The Boldest Type will not be held responsible for any underage entrants.
9. Winners are not eligible for another prize for 6 months after the closing date of the competition they have won. If you have won a prize and enter within the 6 month probation period your entry will be disregarded.
You will, however, be eligible to enter all The Boldest Type’s competitions once the 6 month probation period is over.
10. The Boldest Type has the right to announce and publicise the winner’s names on social media sites and mention them in a blog post for promotional purposes.
11. The Boldest Type and it’s associated sponsors reserve the right to cancel a competition without notice at any time, if deemed necessary in their opinion for any reason, or if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such cancellation, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that they have no recourse against The Boldest Type and the sponsors.
12. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date. This information will include your name, physical address, email address and phone number.
13. Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your irrevocable and unalterable acceptance of the terms and conditions stated on behalf of both yourself and any person that you may share a prize with (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more persons).
14. For purposes of this document, the word “affiliate” means my co-promoters and sponsors of the competition, as well as PR companies, their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
15. Lastly, this should be common sense but there are people who go on to do so, so it has to be stated that any winners who have won a prize and then sell it afterwards, if found, will be recorded with The Boldest Type, will be blacklisted and will not be eligible to win any prizes on The Boldest Type in the future. Just don’t do it.