Chocolate is a girl’s best friend, or at least it’s mine. So when I heard about the Winelands Chocolate Festival I couldn’t wait to find out more!
About the Winelands Chocolate Festival
The Winelands Chocolate Festival 2016 is the second Winelands Chocolate Festival taking place at Blaauwklippen Wine Estate in Stellenbosch.
Held on the 20th and 21st of August 2016, this year’s festival will be beautifully laid out in the spacious Blaauwklippen grounds and building. What’s more, there will be a bigger and better line-up with more features, more chocolate and more wine.
Entry to the Winelands Chocolate Festival is R120 per person, and each ticket holder will receive a free wine glass, festival bag, chocolate and two magazines.
The festival will have a number of activities happening around the ground, some of which will include:
- Fashion and jewellery shows at 11.30am and 3.30pm daily
- The chance to see a chocolate emporium with 30 chocolatiers, each offering their latest and best products.
- Live music by amazing local artists
- A beautiful Victorian kitchen display
- A Photographic exhibition
- Cacao platnation display
- A scrumptiously sweet chocolate fountain. Get those marshmallows ready!
- A number of food and drink vendors serving a selection of delicious foods and refreshing drinks.
What’s more, there will be an MCC courtyard with MCC stands. Here you will find the lip-smacking LINDT Pop-Up shop where a talented LINDT chef will show you how they make their smooth and popular Lindor balls. Of course, there will be tasters too!
One of my fave brands will be making an appearance in the MCC courtyard, Krone! And I really hope their new Krone Night Nectar Demi-Sec Rosé will be there as I have a feeling it will be the perfect drink to pair with the fresh oysters for sale.
Last but not least, there will be a decorative cake competition where visitors have the chance to witness amazing creativity and skill at the Chocolate Emporium. Mmm, cake!
For the kids
There will be an amazing selection of kiddies activities at the festival, too. Some of which will include:
- Three jumping castles, each which will cater fro different ages
- A slide and dive-through trough
- A tunnel
- A trampoline
- and inflatable ‘hop animals’
Additionally there will be a special area dedicated specifically for the little ones in the family! Entry is free for kids under 6, but it is R60 for scholars.
LINDT Chocolate Tea
Combining my two favourite things – tea and chocolate – the Winelands Chocolate Festival is hosting a LINDT Chocolate Tea!
I. can’t. even. cope!
Taking place at 11am and 3pm on both days on the enclosed Manor House patio, the LINDT Chocolate Tea costs R250 and includes entry into the rest of the festival (meaning there is no need to purchase the additional R120 ticket).
For R250, visitors can enjoy a generous helping on the finest haute patisserie you have every tasted – all of which will be made by the LINDT chefs – and a welcome glass of bubbly, tea or coffee.
The first half an hour of the LINDT Chocolate Tea will be spent with Dime Simatos, a LINDT chef, entertaining the crowds with interesting chocolate ideas that will be followed by a fashion show lasting approximately half an hour.
To add to your chocolatey experience, you can attend one or more of the delicious demos being hosted at Manor House on both Saturday and Sunday. They are separate activities, meaning there is an additional cost of R50 each.
The demos include:
- 10am Dimo Simatos the Lindt Chef
- 12.30pm Abigail Donnelly – Food editor
- 2.00pm Alice Toich – ‘The Playful Baker’
Another separate activity, why not attend a tutored tasting on Saturday or Sunday at R35 each.
The tutored tastings include:
- 10am Mingwei Tsai – Tea tasting and Chocolate
- 12.30pm MCC Master Class
- 2.00pm Danie Pretorius / Dr Winnie Bowman- Saturday / Sunday – SA Brandy foundation– ‘The craft of SA Brandy. Top brandies paired with von Geusau chocolates. @brandySouthAfrica
If you want fancy enjoying a day out with your friends and family in Stellenbosch, you can book your tickets at Webtickets.