There is no better way to say goodbye winter and hello to spring than to spend a day in the glorious outdoors sipping on something refreshing and enjoying the warm and welcoming sunshine at a market!
About Groote Post’s Spring Market
Groote Post will be re-opening their popular country markets for the new season, with their first being the ‘change of season’ market on the 28 August 2016.
From 10am until 3pm, guests can spend the day browsing the numerous stalls, each filled to the brim with tasty country offerings. From artisan foods to arts and crafts, homeware to decor, and of course, Groote Post’s well-loved wines, there will be a number of new stalls in addition to the much-loved favourites.
The exciting line-up of new stalls will include:
- Man & Pan – Spanish cuisine (Paella, Milanesa, Churros)
- Mayna Seafood and Sushi
- Island Way Sorbet – low-fat fruit sorbet in real natural fruit shells
- The Fudgemaster
- Burger Fellers – the best beef chilli and chicken burgers on the West Coast
- Blaber Blades – handcrafted knives
- Clay Africa – ceramic décor
- J Beenz – kiddies wear and accessories for 0-10 year-olds
- Vintage Touch – vintage jackets and coats
- The Garage Studio – handmade paper and driftwood products
- Soulworx – handmade jewellery and tie-dye t-shirts
We all know that local is lekker, and there will be a selection of lekker Darling gourmet produce including: Darling Mushrooms, Weskus Worswa, Udderly Delicious Cheese, Darling Pomegranate Products, Saucy Boys’ organic preservative-free chilli sauces, marinades and spices, Darling Brew and more.
In addition to local eats, Groost Post’s award-winning restaurant, Hilda’s Kitchen, which will be open for business as usual however, if you would like to eat at the restaurant it is advisable to book.
Highly-acclaimed local musician, Francois J. Haasbroek will be entertaining market-goers with a number of folk and acoustic rock-styled songs throughout the day, while guests to sit and relax under the many trees scattered across the grounds, and the little ones will be kept happy with the array of kiddies’ activities – including tractor rides, face-painting, water-balls, guided horse rides and a playground – available. Additionally, pets are welcome, but should be on a leash at all times.
- 25th September (spring market)
- 30th October
- 27th November
- 18th December (Christmas market).
Entry to the Groote Post Country Market is free of charge.