As you know, LG kindly sent us their amazing Neochef™ microwave oven to test out. Since its arrival, Jeanne and I have not used our oven very much (if at all), and instead look to this incredible appliance for basically everything.
Apart from cooking meals and warming up food on a daily basis, Jeanne has come across me standing in the kitchen – on more than one occasion – with a huge grin on my face. That grin is my ‘experimenting’ grin and usually means I am cooking up something good. One of my most recent experiments included making our very own potato chips. And it freaking worked!
So, here’s how I did it.
- Choose about three large potatoes that are relatively flawless (no bumps or grooves)
- Peel them (if you want too, otherwise leave the skins on. We did it both ways and liked both variations.)
- Using a mandolin, slice into thin slices,
- Spread chips out on a plate (coat place in olive oil to prevent them from sticking)
- Cover with olive oil, salt and pepper (we also used a variety of Robertsons Herbs & Spices, too, at one point to see how they tasted)
- Place the place in your LG Neochef™ microwave oven (you can use the rack it comes with to do two plates at once. However, you will need to adjust your cooking time)
- Adjust your settings and time – we used the Combi setting and played around with the timing. 40 seconds turned out the best chips, in my opinion.
- Blast those potato slices until ready
- Take out, cool and eat!
Now, it may sound really simple, however, it took me three or four goes to get them ‘just right’. The only issue I have, is that I cannot make enough of them at one time! But, for a quick, simple, healthy and super easy snack – they are so delicious! And they were a hit in our house.
Next I am going to try and make a combination of beetroot, sweet potato and butternut chips! Watch this space….
Disclaimer: LG sent me this product to review however, all the opinions in this article are my own and I am nothing but honest with my readers.