A few weeks ago I mentioned Ladybug Red, a period subscription box, in my Top 5 Subscription Boxes for Women blog post. Well, I was lucky enough to be sent their first subscription box for the month of June – themed “A Chilly In” – and to tell you the truth, it couldn’t be anymore perfect for us ladies.
Every woman’s ‘time of the month’ is a different and personal experience. I tend to have terrible cramps and a multitude of cravings that need to be fed in order to get through the first couple of days without potentially hitting someone – what? It’s the truth. Then comes the mood swings, and my partner can tell you a few entertaining stories about those! Okay, enough about my period and on to the good stuff!
My box arrived just a few days ago, and I was very excited about opening it up to see what goodies were inside. I don’t usually like surprises, but this is a different surprise experience altogether! My sister was here visiting from the UK and (while I was ripping open the plastic packaging the box was in) I was explaining the concept to her – as neither of us knew that period box subscriptions (here or overseas) existed – and she was just as excited as I was to open the discreet packaging and delve into the goodies inside.
We were pleasantly surprised by the contents, as there were so many products and yummy eats packed neatly inside. However, one product – the Hug in a Mug Toasted Marshmellow flavoured Cuppacino – caught my sister’s eye and she sneakily grabbed it and trotted off to the kitchen to make it immediately! Hardly 2 minutes later all I could hear were the delightful *mmm* sounds coming from the kitchen – she clearly liked it! Want to know what else was in this month’s box? I thought so…
What is in the box?
Without further ado, here’s what this month’s Ladybug Red subscription box had to offer:
- 25 of my chosen period products – I chose Tampax Compak (10 green, 10 yellow and 5 purple).
- A Ladybug Red Vanity Bag to keep your tampons or pads in (so cute and handy, as there will be no more scratching around at the bottom of my bag to find my last tampon – mission!).
- Comfite Flushable Feminine Wipes
- Gourmet Fudge Traditional Caramello flavour
- Shooga Shooga Strawberries & Cream Hard Candy Bon Bons
- Cadbury Dipped Flake
- Act II Microwave Popcorn Light Butter Flavour
- Hug in a Mug Toasted Marshmallow Cuppacino (x2!)
- Mini marshmallows
- Double Chocolate Soap Cupcake natural glycerine soap
- Blue Macaroon novelty soap
- Fizzing Bath Salts Rose
- Skin Strategy Soothing & Calming Face Mask enriched with lavender and olive extract
- Girly Night In DVD (I got Billy Elliot – one of my faves!)
All of the above treats and products are not only amazing quality, but are just what us ladies need when we are on our period. Each item will undoubtably help us feel better every month in one way to another by spoiling ourselves when we feel down or when we need it the most.
I just want to say thank you Ladybug Red for bringing this subscription box to South Africa, as it allows us to transform a time of the month that most of us do not look forward to, into a time where we can spoil ourselves and make it a little bit better.
To order your Ladybug Red Period subscription box or to find out more, visit their website today – you won’t regret it.