The second Sweetie Box hit my desk last week and as soon as I opened it and took a peek inside, I was overwhelmed by its lip-smacking contents. With a theme consisting of mainly imported products, you will be sad you have missed out on this bad boy!
Before I get into how freaking amazing the box is, I am going to let you in on what you get when you subscribe to Sweetie Box and how much it will cost you.
For just R269 per month, you receive:
- Three 500ml tubs of delicious sweets
- An artisanal home made product
- A variety of new and exciting sweets
- Some extra tasty surprises, guaranteed to be delicious!
- And beautiful glass jard in your first month to house your future goodies in!
I guess I should tell you what it is filled with now? Here goes:
- Sour Raspberry Belts (Imported from Turkey): Sour, chewy and bursting with berrylicious goodness, these addictive sour belts are sure to hit your sweet spot!
- Watermelon Slices (Imported from Turkey): Soft and gummy, these green, white and red, sugar dusted watermelon slices are packed with a fresh tasty flavour punch!
- Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans (Imported from Canada): These fruity delights come in strawberry, orange, blue raspberry, watermelon, grape and green apple.
- Chewy Lemonheads and Original Appleheads (Imported from Mexico)
- Original Laffy Taffy’s (Imported from the USA)
- Knockerdoodle Liquorice Rainbow Laces: An awesome new product from our friends at Knockerdoodle.
- Turkish Delight California Rolls: Delicious spirals of Turkish Delight and Cranberries.
- DC Sweet Confessions Artisanal Pecan Pie Fudge: Another creation from DC Sweet Confessions, it speaks for itself, absolutely magical.
What a mouthful. I have to admit that the boys from Sweetie Box have completely and utterly outdone themselves, and its only month two!
Okay, I am going to get right into my thoughts on each of the products, because I am sure you are dying to find out.
- Sour Raspberry Belts (Imported from Turkey): Cow. I am just going to start off by saying that this product, so far, is my favourite out of the two boxes. Not only do I love raspberry flavoured sweets (or any berry flavoured goodies, for that matter), but there is just something a little extra special about these belts. When you put one of these bad boys in your mouth, firstly you taste its sweetness, but then, out of nowhere, your mouth is filled with tangy sourness.
- Watermelon Slices (Imported from Turkey): I have to be completely honest; I am not a lover of anything watermelon-flavoured, so my face dropped a little when I saw these. However, to my surprise, these watermelon slices are not over powering, nor do they have that horrible fake watermelon-flavour that puts me right off. Instead they are soft, gummy and packed with subtle flavour.
- Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans (Imported from Canada): Freaking. Beans. They are a classic treat that never, ever go wrong. They crunchy outer coat that surrounds a soft inner that is juicy and oh so sweet. Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans have never passed my lips, but the variety of flavours got me excited. Each flavoured bean packs a punch, but my fave out of the lot is the grape!
- Chewy Lemonheads and Original Appleheads (Imported from Mexico): These babies are my second fave product in the box. From the moment I put one of them in my mouth, the flavour took hold of my taste buds and drenched them in sweetness. You can tell that they are made with real fruit juice, as they lack that tacky artificial flavouring that so many sweets have.
- Original Laffy Taffy’s (Imported from the USA): I have only ever heard of Laffy Taffy from my friends who live in America, but I did not really know what to expect while peeling back the wrapper. Once stripped, I took the first bite, I couldn’t believe how incredibly soft it was. In my box, I got both a grape flavoured Laffy Taffy stick and a Two-Flavour Mystery Swirl (which I think was strawberry and blueberry flavoured) Laffy Taffy Stick and both were equally scrumptious. I actually ate them both on the same day, and I can tell you in all honesty that I did not feel guilty for one second.
- Knockerdoodle Liquorice Rainbow Laces: Before I go into what I think about Knockerdoodle’s new Liquorice Rainbow Laces, I am going to tell you from the beginning that I have a serious love, hate relationship with laces in general. I have only ever eaten one brand that I truly liked, so these bad boys are going to have to be freaking delicious to get approval from my sweet tooth. My first impression is that I love their resealable bag, well done guys! Laces can – if the bag is left open – get hard and chewy (not in a good way), so this is going to come in handy. Right, onto how they taste! The first thing I noticed was how slippery they are, weird, I know. The second, that they were not overpowering when it came to flavour, instead the flavour almost complimented their colour. Soft and light. Although they are not my favourite sweetie in the box, I am not disappointed.
- Turkish Delight California Rolls: Yoh guys, these are a mouth full. Not a fan of Turkish delight, but Sweetie Box got me with the marshmallow! Although the thought of something so delicious being mixed with something as gooey – yes, I said gooey – as Turkish delight make me slightly hesitant and a bit nervous, when the fluffy cloud that is marshmallow hit my tongue, hastily followed by the Turkish delight, the combination was not as scary – nor as bad – as I thought it would be. I think that was down to both of these sweet treats being soft, sweet and, overall, complimentary.
- DC Sweet Confessions Artisanal Pecan Pie Fudge: I have a fave fudge that is my go-to when I feel the need to indulge in something jam-packed with sugary goodness. Because, let’s face it, fudge is one of the sweetest goodies you could possibly put in your mouth. But I am always open to trying new things, obviously. That would include fudge filled with crunchy, pecan pieces. Nuts don’t always go down well with me, but this buttery, smooth and downright delightful fudge hit all the right notes and the crunch of the delicate pecan pieces really complimented the thick, smooth fudge. Note: If you wore a blindfold and someone fed you a piece of this delicious fudge, you would instantly think of pecan pie!
And that’s it. Although this is only Sweetie Box’s second box, I think they have only cemented the fact that they are fully committed to providing their subscribers with only the best of the best, making me wonder how they could possibly make their third one any better than this one! Eeek, I am already so excited to see what November will bring.